Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CAT: Crappy Airforce Training

I came home from school feeling so exhausted as per usual. I also came home late and it earned me a nag from Mom. I don't really care about her nagging at me. Its part of being a mother. And I'm thankful she nags at me eventually and not everyday. XD

Pretty offtopic neh? I apologise.


Anyways, I'm here to say something and let out all of my thoughts about the CAT thingy at school. If I'm not wrong, CAT stands for Citizenship Airforce Training. It aims to uhm, make students responsible citizens in the future. That's all that I can say. XD

Honestly, I find CAT boring and exhausting coz as far as my body can tell, all we've been doing were squat-thrusts, do push-ups, tikas-in which I don't know whats the English name for it, say "Sir, yes Sir!" or "Madam, yes Madam!" and if you want to say or do something we say "Permission to speak Sir/Madam" and many other more.

However, after 3 weeks of training, (three Saturdays to be exact) I finally find it interesting. I now have the enthusiasm my classmates have whenever they hear good news such as "NO CLASSES" or "NO TESTS" or "YOUR TEACHER IS ABSENT" and those other stuffs in school where in my classmates get overjoyed. Don't get me wrong, I also love to hear those kinds of good news. I even pray and hope it will rain so hard so that classes will be suspended and I can go back to my beauty rest..

Apart of the enthusiasm thingy, there's something more and its negative.



The reason why I came home late is because I tried to "examine" or just look at how my fellow classmates who are CAT officers, handle the dumbguards. By the way, if you get lost, dumbguards are the next batch of CAT officers next to the current ones. The current ones, they had their training from April to May of this year and they were trained by the CAT officers last year. Let's just call the current officers as the First Batch of officers and the dumbguards as the Second Batch of officers coz that's how they call it.


Now, as what I have noticed, they kinda are abusing their powers~ I know thats how they train students how to be responsible in the future but I think rolling over like a silly dog on the ground won't make them good and responsible citizens. It won't even help them solve problems. It will only make them dirty and worst, they might develop random sickness such as Asthma. (Wait a minute, whats the connection of rolling over and Asthma? Someone answer me please?)


I'm not saying the First Batch of officers aren't doing what they're supposed to do but I think, I just think, its unnecessary.


Anyways, I hope we won't experience the rolling over thingy this coming Saturday and I'm looking forward with the rifles! The rifles and the marching part is what I'm anticipating the most. I don't care how many tiring squat thrusts will we be doing as long as we will undergo the training part where we will be using rifles. I thought it'll be awesome.



(^___~)


The impersonation thingy has been ridiculously amazing. I've uploaded some new pics in my friendster account after a millenium of not logging in there. I'm gonna post the hidden pics here when I have time and when I finally collected all of the pics. My classmate told me we will still be presenting our impersonation pieces by Friday on the stage again. Lots of people will be looking at us with open mouths and dropping jaws. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did I make any sense? Tell me what you think about this post. ^^