Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ugh, yeah.

Sorry if I was not updating this blog for a while. I was busy with school stuffs and family stuffs. Also, LJ seems to be so sexy that I almost update my journal everyday. But I will never really abandon this blog. I'll just, maybe have like, a temporary hiatus. For now.

Pharyngitis (pronounced /ˌfærɪnˈdʒaɪtɪs/) is an inflammation of the throat or pharynx. In most cases it is painful, and thus is often referred to as a sore throat.

Like many types of inflammation, pharyngitis can be acute – characterized by a rapid onset and typically a relatively short course – or chronic.

Acute pharyngitis can result in very large tonsils which cause trouble swallowing and breathing. Some cases are accompanied by a cough or fever.

Most acute cases are caused by viral infections (40%–60%), with the remainder caused by bacterial infections, fungal infections, or irritants such as pollutants or chemical substances.

Treatment of viral causes are mainly symptomatic while bacterial or fungal causes may be amenable to antibiotics and anti-fungals respectively.


So, that was brought to you by wikipedia.org

So, again, yeah, I am currently experiencing the above stated. Just FYI. :)

Been taking meds since Monday after I went to the school clinic for a check-up. The doctor was nice and thanks to her, I'm feeling somewhat okay. Fever is beginning to overwhelm me. Starting Monday afternoon, I've been feeling nauseous. Maybe it's the side effects of the antibacterial meds I took.

But gah.

I used to pray and hope to be sick and very ill but now that I'm experiencing it, I learned to be careful with things one has to wish for. It may not be then and there, but it will definitely come true. And, it's an ultimate pain in the ass.

For some inevitable yet unknown reasons, (I hope you noticed the emphasis. lol) I feel like crying. I dunno. I mean, I was just watching the news and then suddenly, a tear dropped. Yeah. So, uhm. Yeah. I'm really this dramatic. >.>

Maybe it will pass tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, we will have a test. So, I better go and study now or else, I'll get a failing grade again. XD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did I make any sense? Tell me what you think about this post. ^^