Saturday, October 29, 2011

That Fateful Day

3rd Blood donation last October 17th of 2011

After my successful blood donation last year, followed by the second one last May 16th (which I wasn't able to make a post of) and the failed blood donation last September 26th, I finally made it last October 17th! Twas officially, my 3rd time donating blood. Hoping it would really be used for those who will be needing blood in the future. I was told if the blood I donated isn't fit to be donated(to other people), Red Cross will send me a mail but if I received none in two months time after donating, then my blood is okay. ^^

It was also during my 3rd donation when I almost fainted.

An hour after the donation, I went to a PC Bang just across our uni to check my email and etc. Then I went to the PC Bang's restroom. Just when I opened the door to the restroom, I smelt the stench of urine and it was really overpowering. Since I was already there, might as well just release liquids in my system as I held my breath. On my way out, my vision started to blur. And then everything started to go in circles.

The first thing I thought was to not let it(the fainting) happen. I grasped the nearest thing to me - a chair- and held on to it for dear life because if I was to fall, I would have suffered or possibly die from a head injury. I cannot let that happen. The good thing, I was able to sit down to my station and while I'm on it, I clutched my purse and groped for my mobile phone. The second thing that came to my mind the moment I would have fainted are the people. I knew they would all be coming to me, checking for my pulse and everything. Some would be helping while some with bad intentions might rob me and all. I cannot let that happen again. So I just prayed to God to get over this sensation soon.

You know that helpless feeling? That was what I felt while battling it out with....fainting. I was so scared for the first time. I even thought I was really gonna die because I couldn't hear anything nor see anything. I can still feel though. I felt myself soaked with sweat and the air was really really cold. Like ice. The whole experience was horrible. The next thing I thought was calling for help. I didn't want to trouble the people inside the PC Bang so I tried to call Mom. My hearing and sight was back by then. I can hear myself gasping for air. I also didn't want to frighten Mom because I knew she would be. Mom's hysterical since her operation.. Not so sure if it was a good thing that Mom couldn't hear my voice clearly as she was riding a public transportation and was probably stuck in traffic. So, I called stepfather up and told him to come and fetch me at the PC Bang just across the uni.

When they arrived, I was pale and drenched in sweat. I wanted to cry that moment but I didn't. It would be awkward but at least, I can say I am safe now. I also have to thank the PC Bang attendant for giving me a cup of warm water. He freaked out a little when he saw me approaching the Cashier Booth. His expression was really funny. But he was really caring.

Ah, am I traumatized? Yes, a little. After that incident, I sometimes see myself staring into space. Will I still donate blood? Yes. I don't think it was all because of the donation. It was party because of the donation. It turned out I had an empty stomach. And I also bowed my head which I'm not supposed to do, everybody should not do every after blood donation.



All is well since it ended well. ;) I'm perfectly fine now. Looking forward to my next donation in 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did I make any sense? Tell me what you think about this post. ^^